ALOO MATTAR SABJI | POTATO PEAS RECIPE
Aloo mattar sabji is a Punjabi dish from the subcontinent of India which contains potatoes and peas(mutter) with various Indian ingredients.
Ingredients for ALOO MATTAR:
- Potatoes: 3
- Fresh peas: 1 cup
- Cumin seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder: 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric: 1teaspoon
- Cumin-coriander powder: 1teaspoon
- Mango powder: ½ teaspoon
- Ground spices powder: ½ teaspoon
- Green chili: 1 small (chopped)
- Ginger: ½ inch (chopped)
- Oil: 2tablespoon
- Salt to taste
How to make ALOO MATTAR:
- First of all, wash all the baby potatoes and pill the skin and cut it into a cube.
- Rains the peas as well.
- Heat the oil in deep pan, add cumin seeds, chopped green chili, ginger and potatoes and peas and stir, Sauté for 5minutes.
- Now add red chili powder, turmeric powder and cumin-coriander powder and mix all the ingredients and stir.
- Now add ½ cup of water and cover tightly and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- In between do check if water is dried up and veggies are not ready then add more water to the ¼ cup.
- Once potatoes and peas are cooked and the mixture is totally dry.
- Then add mango powder, hot spices powder, and salt for taste.
- Mix well, and you may add lime water if want.
- In conclusion, aloo mattar sabji is ready to serve, Garnish aloo mattar with chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chapatti or paratha.