ALOO PARATHA RECIPE
Aloo paratha recipe is an Indian bread stuffed with spicy and tasty mashed potato paste, a very healthy breakfast one can have with sweet curd and pickle.
Ingredients for paratha dough:
- Wheat flour: 3 cup
- Oil: 2tablespoon
- Carom seeds: ½ tablespoon
- Salt: ½ tablespoon
- Water: 1.25 cup
Ingredients for potato stuffing:
- Potato: 3 boiled
- Red chili powder: 1tablespoon
- Coriander powder: 1tablespoon
- Turmeric powder: ½ tablespoon
- Green chili: 1tablespoon chopped
- Mango powder: ½ tablespoon
- Ginger-garlic: 1 tablespoon grated
- Coriander leaves: 2tablespoon
- Ground spice powder: ½ tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Butter: 3-4 tablespoon
How to make dough:
- Furthermore, take a big deep bowl and put the wheat flour in it, add 2 tablespoon oil, ½ tablespoon carom seeds and ½ tablespoon salt.
- Mix these ingredients nicely and add little water at a time and make a dough.
- Knead the dough gently with water as required.
- Make a soft dough, it should not too soft or not too hard, just a smooth dough.
- In conclusion, the soft dough is ready, cover with the plate and keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
How to make potato stuffing:
- In addition, a pressure cooker, boil the potatoes for 15 minutes until it becomes a cook.
- So, after 3 whistles, remove the potatoes and let them cool for 5 minutes and then pill all the boiled potatoes.
- In a bowl, mash all the potatoes well, add 1 tablespoon red chili powder, coriander powder, chopped green chili, ginger-garlic paste, ½ tablespoon turmeric powder and mango powder.
- Mix this all ingredients well and add 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves, ½ tablespoon ground spice powder, and salt as per your taste, mix it nicely.
- As a result is the potato stuffing is ready and keep aside.
How to make aloo paratha :
- Take the dough bowl and knead the dough with ½ tablespoon oil and make the more soft dough.
- Then take a little medium portion of the dough that you want to become paratha size, roll it into a ball.
- Dust together with a dry flour and roll it on rolling board, roll it small like puri size.
- Put the 1-2 tablespoon or as desired potato stuffing in the rolled dough, lift the dough from all the sides and cover the stuffing well.
- Flatten the stuffed ball in a palm so that the stuffing spread evenly, again dust it in a dry flour.
- Roll it into a little thick paratha, further apply more dry flour if needed.
- In conclusion, Rolled paratha is ready to cook.
- Besides turn on the flame and heat the tawa on medium flame, grease the tawa with butter, reduce the flame to low and put the stuffed and rolled paratha.
- Cook the paratha for 8-10 seconds then flip it, apply butter on both sides.
- Now, Cook it from both sides gently, keep flipping until paratha becomes golden spots on both the sides.
- Put the paratha out on a kitchen towel or serve it directly.
- Moreover, repeat the process of rest of the paratha dough and stuffing as well.
- Finally, the aloo paratha is ready to serve, can garnish with some grated cheese or butter.
- Serve with curd, red chili-garlic chutney, pickle or butter.