Flatten rice which is called Poha is a very famous healthy and traditional breakfast recipe in Maharashtra and Gujarat that made up with the same method.
Ingredients for ALOO POHA:
- Flattened rice: 2 cup
- Potato: 1 medium size
- Onion: 1 medium size
- Tomato: 1 medium size
- Peanuts: 15-20
- Green chili: 1 finely chopped
- Mustard seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves: 4-5 leaves
- Beetroot: 1 small size grated
- Oil: 2 tablespoon
- Asafoetida: a pinch
- Ginger paste: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon
- Cumin-coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Sugar: 1 tablespoon
- salt to taste
- Lemon juice: 2 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Fruit spice powder: 1 tablespoon
- Water as needed
How to prepare ALOO POHA:
- First of all, pill the potato and chop it into small cubes, same way chop the onion and tomato finely.
- After that, wash the flatten rice well, soak it in the water for 2-3 minutes then drained off.
- Add sugar to the drained flatten rice and mix it well, keep them aside.
- Now, heat up the oil in a pan on medium flame, add mustard seeds, after they crackle well, add asafoetida, green chili, peanuts, curry leaves, ginger paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- While the peanuts are becoming little golden, add turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin-coriander powder and salt to taste.
- Mix together well, add chopped potatoes and mix it again nice, cover with the lid and cook it for 5 minutes till the potatoes become soft.
- Another side, the flattened rice is soaked well. mix it into the cooked potato and saute together gently.
- Cook it for 2 minutes and add lemon juice, chopped onion, tomatoes, grated beetroot, fruit spice powder, and coriander leaves.
- At last, mix together gently.
- In conclusion, the tasty aloo poha is ready.