AMRITSARI KULCHA RECIPE
Amritsari kulcha is a traditional Punjabi dish from an Indian subcontinent, also called aloo kulcha is usually served with chole.
Ingredients for AMRITSARI KULCHA DOUGH:
- All-purpose flour: 2 cup
- Baking powder: 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda: a pinch
- Curd: 3 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Sugar: 1 teaspoon
- Butter: 2-3 tablespoon
- Sesame seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- Water as needed
Ingredients for AMRITSARI KULCHA STUFFING:
- Potato: 3 boiled
- Onion: 1 very finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Green chili: 2 finely chopped
- Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon
- Ginger-garlic: 1 teaspoon grated
- Ground spice powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Cumin powder: 3/4 teaspoon
- Lemon juice: 2 tablespoon
- Carom seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Coriander leaves: 3 tablespoons finely chopped
- All-purpose flour: 2 tablespoon
- Butter: 4-5 teaspoon
How to make AMRITSARI KULCHA:
- Firstly, take a big bowl and seave all the dry ingredients of dough one by one.
- Mix these altogether well and add a cup of curd and butter.
- Gently mix and add water little by little at a time and knead a very smooth dough.
- Make sure that dough is too smooth and stiff.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap or a wet cloth, keep it aside for at least 30 minutes.
- Another side starts stuffing process.
- Now, for stuffing mash all the boiled potatoes very fine in a bowl, add finely chopped onion, green chili, grated ginger-garlic, red chili powder, ground spice powder, cumin powder, carom seeds, and coriander leaves.
- Finally, add lemon juice and all-purpose flour to make a mixture little dry, give it a very nice mix.
- After 30 minutes knead the dough again for 10 minutes with an around 2 tablespoons of dry flour.
- Knead the dough very well with the help of palm and fingers.
- Furthermore, add a soft butter and knead again for 5-6 minutes well.
- So, the dough and the stuffing both are ready, now take a ball portion of the dough and roll it with fingers.
- Also, we can use rolling board and pin, roll it on 1/2 inch thickness.
- Put the stuffing in it as much as you like and lift the rolled dough from all the sides and seal the stuffing well.
- Gently make a ball and press the stuffed dough with fingers and then roll it till 1/4th thickness, sprinkle some sesame seeds and coriander leaves, roll it again gently.
- As of now, heat the iron tawa on medium flame and wet one side of kulcha with little water so that the kulcha will stick to the tawa well.
- Once the tawa is enough hot place the wet part of kulcha on it and cook it on low heat.
- After 2 minutes flip the tawa and cook another side direct on low heat.
- When the brown spots are coming out turn off the heat and spread butter on top of hot kulcha.
- Finally, the Amritsari kulcha is ready.
- Same way prepares all the kulchas from remaining dough.
- Serve the hot and soft kulcha with Punjabi Chole.