BAINGAN BHARTA RECIPE | EGGPLANT RECIPE
Baingan Bharta is a South Asian dish, made up of all sort of vegetables. usually, ingredients of baingan bharta are roughly mashed to give it a perfect blend and taste.
Ingredients for baingan bharta:
- 2 big size brinjal(baingan)
- Oil for greasing
- Ghee 2 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds (jeera) 1 teaspoon
- Chopped spring onions 1 cup
- Ginger grated 1 teaspoon
- Garlic grated 1 teaspoon
- Chopped green chilies 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped tomatoes 1 cup
- Red chili powder 1 tablespoon
- Coriander-cumin seeds powder 1 tablespoon
- Ground spice powder(garam masala) 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
How to prepare baingan bharta:
- First Grease the brinjal (baingan) with an oil and roast over an open flame for 10 minutes till the baingan turns soft, Then Keep aside to cool.
- Furthermore, Peel the Baingan skin and mash it using a masher well.
- Now, take a pan and Heat the ghee and add the cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the chopped onions and saute on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the ginger, garlic paste & green chilies. now saute on a medium flame for a minute.
- Then add the tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder and coriander-cumin seeds powder, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Now add the roasted and mashed baingan, garam masala and salt to taste, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Garnished with chopped coriander leaves. and serve hot baingan bharta with paratha or roti.