Bhakhri Pizza | Indian Pizza Recipe
Bhakhri pizza is an Italian origin dish made with a combination of Indian traditional bhakhri as a base of pizza, bhakhri pizza is baked in a pan with toppings of delicious cheese, paneer, and vegetables.
Ingredients For the dough:
- wheat flour: 1 cup
- oil: 2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
Ingredients of pizza sauce:
- Tomatoes: 1 cup blanched chopped
- Oil: 1 teaspoon
- Garlic paste: 1 teaspoon
- onion paste: 1 tablespoon
- Sugar:1 teaspoon
- Tomato ketchup: 1 tablespoon
- oregano: 1 tablespoon
- chili flecks: 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for topping:
- processed cheese: 5 tablespoons grated
- paneer cubes: 1 cup small
- capsicum: 1 cup chopped
How to Prepare dough:
- First of all, make a dough, Combine all the ingredients of dough in a deep bowl and mix it well,
Knead into a firm dough by using enough water.
- Keep aside for 10-15 minutes.
How to Prepare pizza sauce:
- Furthermore, Take a pan on flame and put some oil in it.
- Add garlic-onion paste in a pan and saute on a medium flame for 2minutes until it becomes turns light brown.
- Now add the blanched tomatoes in pan, mix and cook well on a medium flame for another 3min.
- Then add sugar and tomato ketchup, mix again well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Now add oregano, chili flacks, and salt to taste and mix it well and cook for 2-3 minutes on a medium flame while stirring occasionally.
- Finally, the pizza sauce is ready, Turn off the flame and take a pan aside.
How to Prepare Bhakhri pizza:
- First of all, divide the dough into 4 equal parts and Roll out the bhakhri in a circle shape.
- Take a nonstick pan and cook the bhakhri with a slow flame on both sides, till it turns crispy and golden brown color.
- Now on low flame, spread 1 tablespoon pizza sauce over crispy golden brown bhakhri.
- Put some small paneer cubes and chopped capsicum over the sauce.
- Sprinkle some oregano and chili flacks and grated cheese over it.
- Spread 1 tablespoon oil around a bhakhri pizza, cover the nonstick pan with a lid and cook on low flame for 2mins.
- Repeat steps to make 3 more bhakhri pizzas.
- In conclusion, the bhakhri pizza is ready to serve with tomato ketchup.