Bharwa Baingan Recipe | Stuffed Baingan Recipe | Masala Brinjal Recipe
Eggplant/Baingan is a high-fiber, low-calorie food that is rich in nutrients and comes with many potential health benefits.
Ingredients for Bharwa Baingan Recipe:
- Baingan: 5-6medium size
- Tomato: 2medium size finely chopped
- Onion: 1 medium size finely chopped
- Ginger-Garlic Paste: 2tsp
- Roasted Peanuts Powder: 3-4tbsp
- Red Chili Powder: 2tsp
- Turmeric Powder: 1tsp
- Cumin-Coriander Powder: 2tsp
- Mustard: 1/2 tsp
- Cumin: 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala: 1/2tsp
- Lemon Juice: 1tbsp
- Sugar: 1/2tsp
- Oil: 4-5tbsp
- Asafoetida: A pinch
- Salt to Taste
How to Make Bharwa Baingan Recipe:
- Firstly, Discard the half stem and wash the baingans nicely, cut the baingans into four parts leaving them attached only at the stem. and keep it aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add roasted peanuts powder, 1tsp of ginger-garlic paste, 1tsp of red chili powder, 1/4tsp of turmeric powder, 1tsp of cumin-coriander powder, 1/4tsp of garam masala, Lemon Juice, 1tbsp oil, salt to taste for this mixture only, and 1/2tsp of sugar.
- Mix all this together well, and put this stuffing masala aside.
- Now, take the baingan one by one and stuff the stuffing masala inside very well and carefully.
- Stuffed baingans are ready to cook.
- Now, turn the gas on and heat the heavy bottom pan on medium flame, add 4tbsp oil in it.
- Once the oil is hot properly, add mustard and cumin, let them splutter.
- Turn the flame low and add asafoetida, chopped onions, and ginger-garlic paste, cook it for 2 minutes on a low-medium flame.
- After that add finely chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, salt to taste then cover the pan with a lid and cook again for 3 minutes.
- Once the oil is separated, add red chili powder, Garam masala powder, and mix well, then add all the stuffed baingan and remaining stuffing masala.
- Mix everything once carefully with the masala gravy, cover the pan with a lid and cook it for 5min on low flame.
- Lastly, add 1 medium cup of water (250ml), gently stir again, and cover the pan with a lid, turn the flame on medium to high.
- Cook it for 10 minutes. after that check the baingan with a toothpick or fork, whether the baingans are cooked or not.
- If the baingans are cooked properly and water is disappeared then turn the flame off. garnish with some chopped coriander leaves.
- In conclusion, Bharwa Baingan / Stuffed Baingan / Masala Brinjal curry is ready to serve.
- Serve with Bajari Rotla or a chapati.