Bread Pakora Recipe | Stuffed Bread Recipe
Bread Pakora is an Indian Stuffed and fried snack. it is a common street food based on bread, gram flour, type of vegetables and along with other spices.
Ingredients for bread pakora:
- Bread slices: 6
- Onion: 1 medium size chopped
- Potatoes: 3 boiled and mashed
- Capsicum: 1 small size chopped
- Gram flour: 2 cups (150 gram)
- Baking soda: ½ teaspoon
- Carom seeds: ½ teaspoon
- Cumin seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Asafetida: a pinch
- Turmeric powder: 1tablespoon
- Red chili powder: 1 ½ tablespoon
- Cumin-coriander powder: 1tablespoon
- Ground spice powder: ½ teaspoon
- Green chutney: 3 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves: ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
How to make bread pakora:
- First of all, take gram flour in a deep bowl, add carom seeds, turmeric powder, red chili powder and salt to taste.
- Mix it all and add water little by little while whisk, whisk it continuously and make a smooth batter.
- As a result is the mixture is not too thick and runny, keep it aside to set the mixture.
- Now, take another pan and heat 2tablespoon of oil, add cumin seeds, chopped green chili, and asafetida, sauté for few seconds.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt to taste, ground spice powder, and cumin-coriander powder, and stir this all well on low flame for 2 minutes.
- Take this mixture out in another bowl and let them cool down to room temperature.
- In this mixture, add green chutney, chopped onion, capsicum, and coriander leaves, mix this all nice.
- Take one bread slice and spread 2 tablespoons of this mixture and place another bread slice on top, do the same with remaining bread slice and potato mixture.
- Now cut the stuffed bread in a triangle shape and keep aside in a plate.
- Heat the oil to deep fry the bread pakora, on medium flame, take the batter, add a pinch of baking soda and whisk in only one direction nicely.
- Dip the stuffed bread and coat the batter both side properly and put it in hot oil and deep fry it from both sides well till they become golden brown and crispy layer.
- Same way Fry all the stuffed bread with the same process and take out in the kitchen towel.
- In conclusion, the bread pakora is ready to serve.
- Serve the crispy hot bread pakora with ketchup or tamarind chutney.