Broccoli is basically from the cabbage family, an edible green plant rich in minerals, vitamins, and fiber, Broccoli sabji is very healthy and delicious sabji made from broccoli, potato, and onion.
Ingredients for broccoli sabji:
- Broccoli: 1 head
- Onion: 1 medium size chopped in slices
- Potato: 1 medium size slice chopped
- Tomato: 1 medium size finely chopped
- Coriander leaves: 1 cup finely chopped
- Ginger-garlic: 1 tablespoon grated
- Oil: 3 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds: ½ tablespoon
- Green chili: 1 finely chopped
- Red chili powder: 1tablespoon
- Turmeric powder: ½ tablespoon
- Cumin-coriander powder: 1tablespoon powder
- Ground spice powder: ½ teaspoon
- Sugar: ½ tablespoon
- Lemon juice: 1tablespoon
- Salt to taste
How to Prepare broccoli sabji:
- Wash the broccoli with salt water and cut them into small pieces, keep aside for 2 minutes in a bowl.
- Heat up the oil in a pan on medium flame, when oil is enough hot, add cumin seeds and sauté for few seconds, add chopped green chili and grated ginger-garlic, sauté them well, add sliced onion and fry until they become golden brown.
- Add potatoes, broccoli and salt to taste, mix all nicely, cover with a lid and cook for 2 minutes on low flame.
- After that add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin-coriander powder and ground spice powder, sauté for a minute and add a little water like a ½ cup.
- Stir it nicely and cook for 5 minutes with a covered lid on medium flame till the veggies become soft.
- After the veggies are observed all the spices and softly cooked, add sugar and lemon juice, cook again till they become dry.
- Garnish with the finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Now Broccoli sabji is ready to serve, serve it hot with chapatti or butter naan.