CARROT | GAJAR KA HALWA RECIPE
(Gajar ka halwa) is known as a classic Indian dessert which can be made on every occasion, Let’s make delicious carrot halwa.
• Carrots: 2.5 cups grated
• Milk: 2.5 cups
• Natural ghee:2 to 3 tbsp
• A pinch of saffron-optional
• Golden raisins, cashews, pistachios: 10-12
• Green cardamom:3-4
• Regular sugar: 7-8 tablespoon(add more as required)
How to prepare :
- Wash, peel and grate the carrots.
- Mix the milk and grated carrot together in a pan.
- Keep on fire and mixture to simmer and continue to simmer and cook stirring in between.
- After 17-19 mins. Add cardamom powder and stir.
- When mixture getting thick, add sugar & ghee, stir and continue to cook.
- When the mixture has almost dried, add dry fruits.
- Stir and cook further for 2-3 mins.
- Here the dish is ready, Serve the delicious carrot halwa hot or warm.