A chili potato is a deep fried and stir-fried potato cooked with a very few Chinese ingredients to give it crunchy mouth-watering taste.
Ingredients for DRAGON POTATO:
- Potatoes: 3 big size
- Schezwan sauce: 2tablespoon
- Capsicum: 1 sliced chopped
- Onion: 1sliced chopped
- Ginger-garlic paste: 1 tablespoon
- Corn flour:1 tablespoon
- All-purpose flour: 1tablespoon
- Oil to deep-fry
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Oregano: 1tablespoon
- Black pepper powder: ½ teaspoon
- Green chili sauce: ½ tablespoon
- Soy sauce: ½ teaspoon
- Red chili sauce: ½ tablespoon
- Vinegar: 1teaspoon
How to make DRAGON POTATO::
- Firstly, Pill the potatoes and cut into thick wedges, wash them and keep aside in the hot water bowl and parboil the potato wedges for 15-20 minutes.
- After that take them out in a separate bowl and add corn flour and plain flour, coat all the potatoes wedges nicely.
- Heat the oil on medium flame for deep frying, put all the coated potato wedges into the hot oil.
- Deep fry until they become golden brown on medium flame, take them out in the kitchen towel and keep aside.
- Heat the pan on medium flame, add 2 tablespoons of oil, sliced onion, ginger-garlic paste, and capsicum, mix them well sauté them for 2 minutes.
- Add Schezwan sauce, oregano, chili flacks, green chili sauce, and soy sauce, stirring well for a minute.
- Now in a small cup, add ½ tablespoon of corn flour and a little water, make a thin slurry, add this slurry to the saucepan.
- Stirring well until they become a thick sauce.
- Add red chili sauce, salt to taste and vinegar, mix them nicely, add fried potatoes and coat the sauce well.
- Toss them into a sauce, garnish with a few chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with catch up.