A fried ring-shaped dough with the dressing of chocolate ganache and sprinkle with choco chips or as you want to dress it, it is said to be the chocolate donut, usually served in desserts.
Ingredients for CHOCOLATE DONUT:
- All-purpose flour: 250 gram
- Milk powder: 2 tablespoon
- Baking powder: 1 tablespoon
- Powder Sugar: 2 tablespoon
- Milk: 1 cup(100ml)
- Salt: 1 teaspoon
- Butter: 3 tablespoons melted
- Dry yeast: 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract: 2-3 drops
- Oil for deep fry
- Chocolate Ganache: 1 cup
- White chocolate ganache: 1/2 cup
How to make CHOCOLATE DONUT:
- First of all, take the medium size bowl, add a half cup of warm milk, 1 teaspoon of dry yeast and 1 tablespoon of powder sugar.
- Stir it nice and keep aside to activate the yeast for 5 minutes.
- Another side, take a bowl and add all the dry ingredients like purpose flour, milk powder, baking powder, powder sugar, and salt.
- Also, mix together well, now add the melted butter and activated the yeast, mix all well with spatula or spoon.
- Now start kneading with hands and make a smooth dough with help of needed warm milk.
- As a result, the firm and smooth dough are ready, now spread 1 tablespoon of oil over the dough and cover it with the wet cloth for 30 minutes or until its doubled up in volume.
- After that, the dough is fermented well, knead again with little dry flour and roll it with dry flour.
- While rolling, roll the dough into a half inch of thickness.
- Start to cut the dough by using donut cutter or simple round cutter and give it a round shape, take another small round cap or any small nozzle.
- Similarly, makes all the donuts of remaining dough, keep all the donuts aside on a plate and brush it with oil and cover with the little-wet cloth for hours.
- Almost after an hour, the donuts are fermented again well.
- Heats the oil on medium flame, once the oil is hot enough keep the flame low and deep fry the donuts one by one, keep flipping until it becomes light golden color.
- Take them out on a kitchen towel and same way deep fry all the donuts.
- Now, time to garnishing, take the chocolate ganache and deep the donut on one side well and remove the extra chocolate ganache and take it on a plate.
- After that, decorate the chocolate donut with white chocolate ganache, just give it a slite line or as you like.
- In conclusion, the chocolate donut is ready.