CHOLE CHANA CURRY
Chole chana masala is the Panjabi cuisine dish which is very popular in India, cooked with various Indian spices, especially eat with bhature or puri.
Ingredients for CHOLE CHANA CURRY:
- Chickpeas: 150 gram
- Onion: 3 medium size
- Tomatoes: 3 medium size
- Green chili: 2 finely chopped
- Ginger-garlic paste: 1 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Bay leaf: 1
- Cloves: 3
- Cardamom: 2
- Cinnamon: 1/2 inch
- Asafoetida: a pinch
- Red chili powder: 1tablespoon
- Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
- Cumin-coriander powder: 1tablespoon
- Special Chole masala powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- fenugreek powder: 1teaspoon
- Oil: 4 tablespoon
- Water as required
How to prepare CHOLE CHANA CURRY:
- Furthermore, soak the chickpeas in little warm water for overnight, then boil them in a pressure cooker until a 5-6 whistle on medium flame.
- Another side separately makes a paste of all the onions and tomatoes in grinder jar with needed water and keep both the paste aside.
- Together with heat up the oil in a pan on low flame properly, add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cloves, cardamom, and cinnamon.
- When the cumin seeds are crackle, add chopped green chili and ginger-garlic paste, mix together well and cook it for few seconds.
- Even more, turn the heat on medium flame and add asafoetida, onion paste, turmeric powder, and salt to taste, saute together for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomato puree, red chili powder, cumin-coriander powder and special chole masala powder.
- Saute for 3 minutes until the puree absorbs the spices.
- Undoubtedly, the curry is ready, now add boiled chickpeas and 1/2 cup of water.
- Cover the pan with the lid for 5 minutes and cook until the chickpeas absorb the water.
- Sprinkle some fenugreek powder and mix it again well.
- With attention to transfer the ready chole chana in the serving bowl and garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- In that case, serve with chapatti or puri or bhatura as you like.