Coconut Laddu Recipe
Coconut laddu recipe is a famous and traditional North Indian Sweet dish, which is very popular due to its delightful taste.
Ingredients for coconut laddu:
- Coconut: 4cup pilled and grated
- Condensed milk: 1cup
- Milk: ½ cup
- Ghee: 1 tablespoon
- Almonds: 1table spoon grated
- Cashew: 1 tablespoon grated
- Cardamom powder: 1 tablespoon
- Saffron threads: ¼ teaspoon
- Food color: ¼ teaspoon
- Sugar powder: 2-3 tablespoon
How to make coconut laddu:
- Pill the dried coconut and grated them well in powder format, we can grind the coconut in grinder jar also, so it makes a good quality coconut powder,
- Heat the heavy coated pan and heat 1 tablespoon ghee, once ghee is melted properly add 1 tablespoon grated almonds and cashew nuts,
- Roast them on low flame till it becomes golden brown, remove them on a kitchen towel,
- Now into the same pan, add condensed milk and plane milk, mix well until this mixture become in bubbled,
- Add 2-3 tablespoon powder sugar for extra sweetness,
- Next, add the 2cup of grated coconut and mix until the coconut fully absorbers the milk moisture, keep stirring it on low heat for 5minutes,
- While stirring add cardamom powder, a pinch of saffron threads and food color if want to add,
- Mix this all well until mixture becomes thick and start to leave the ghee from a mixture,
- Once the mixture turns the light brown color, add roasted cashew and almonds or in powder base nuts,
- Mix again nicely, before the mixture cools completely,
- Take a small portion of the mixture in a greased palm and roll it into round shape,
- Roll the mixture ball softly that shape as it is,
- So now immediately roll them in extra grated coconut on all the sides, coated evenly so that its well coated grated coconut all the sides,
- Do this with very light hands so that the round shape is retained,
- Keep doing this for all the mixture,
- Once all the coconut laddus are ready then garnish with raisin or almond.
- You can store them in an air-tight container for later use.
- So yummy coconut laddus are ready to serve.
Note: We can use nuts in powder base also.