DAHI VADA | DAHI BHALLA RECIPE
Dahi vada is a very popular chaat recipe of Indian cuisine, the vada which is made up of types of lentils, deep fried vada is served with sweet curd and sprinkling some dry spices.
Ingredients for DAHI BHALLA RECIPE:
- Black gram: 150gram
- Mung beans: 250gram
- White beans:100gram
- Ginger-chili paste: 2 tablespoon
- Oil for deep fry
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon
- Fruit spice powder: 1 teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: 1 teaspoon
- Yogurt: 2 cup
- Sugar: 4 tablespoon
- Buttermilk: 2 cup
- Tamarind chutney: 2 tablespoon
- Green chutney: 2 tablespoon
- Pomegranate seeds: 1 cup
How to make DAHI BHALLA RECIPE:
- Furthermore, take all the lentils in a separate bowl, add water and leave it overnight.
- After that, drain the water and grind all the soaked lentils in the coarse batter.
- Transfer all the coarse batter in the same bowl and mix together well.
- Add ginger-chili paste in it and salt to taste, mix together well, keep it aside.
- Now, heat the oil in a deep fry pan over medium flame, add 3 tablespoons of very hot oil to the batter.
- Mix it again well the batter with a spoon.
- Take one teaspoon of batter and put it into the hot oil.
- Deep fry the vada until it becomes a little brown.
- Same, deep fry all the vada.
- In addition, transfer the hot vada to a very light buttermilk vessel for 5-10 minutes.
- Then, the vada soaked well and smooth, put it into a serving plate or bowl.
- As much as, make a sweet yogurt, add sugar to yogurt and whisk them together well, keep it in a freezer for 30 minutes.
- Pour the chilled and sweet yogurt, some tamarind chutney, and green chutney on it.
- Sprinkle some red chili powder, fruit spice powder, and black pepper powder.
- Finally, the dahi vada is ready, Garnish with some pomegranate seeds and serve immediately.