DAL BATTI RECIPE
The famous Rajasthani Dal Bati considered a very special in Indian cuisine. It is a very spicy and tasty to eat, it is made in a special way. Generally served with sweet churma and buttermilk.
Ingredients for the daal:
- Chickpea(chana dal): 1/4 cup
- Pigeon pea(arhar): 1/4 cup
- Mung beans(moong dal): 1/4 cup
- Vigna mungo( urad dal): 1 tablespoon
- Chili powder: 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin-coriander powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground spices powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Cloves: 2
- Bay leaves: 2
- Cumin seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Green chili: 2 finely chopped
- a pinch of asafoetida
- Dried mango powder: 2 teaspoons
- Tamarind pulp: 2 teaspoons
- Ghee: 3 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
For the baaties (for 6baaties):
- Wheat flour: 1/2 cup
- Semolina: 1/4 cup
- Bengal gram flour: 1 tablespoon
- Milk: 4 tablespoons
- Melted ghee: 2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Melted ghee for pouring on crushed baaties
How to cook the daal:
- First of all, Clean and wash all the type of dals and add 4 cups of water in Pressure cooker, and cook for 2 to 3 whistles or till the dals are cooked.
- Another side, Take a bowl and combine the chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin-coriander powder, hot spices powder with 3 tablespoons of water and mix well. Keep aside.
- After that, heat the ghee in a pan and add the cloves, bay leaves, cumin seeds, green chilies and asafoetida.
- Whenever the cumin seeds are crackle, add the prepared masala paste and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked dals, mango powder, tamarind pulp and salt as your taste and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Even more, adjust the consistency of the daal before serving and if required, add some water.
Prepare the baaties:
- Furthermore, In a deep bowl, mix all the baaties ingredients and knead into a firm dough. Knead well for 5 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal portions and shape each portion into an even sized round.
- After that, boil the water in a broad vessel and drop the baaties in the boiling water. Cook for 20 minutes over a high flame.
- When the baaties are done, drain and keep aside.
- Heat up the flame and put the baaties on the grill of the tandoor.
- At least, cook them on a medium flame for 25 minutes until it becomes little dark golden.
- In addition, cook the baaties over a medium flame will ensure that the baaties are cooked on the insides also.
- As a result is the baaties are ready, arrange the baaties on a serving plate.
- Finally, break each baaties into small pieces and pour the melted ghee over the baatis.
- Especially relevant pour the dal over the crushed baaties, mix together well and serve with sweet churma, garlic chutney, and buttermilk.
- Pour hot dal over the crushed baaties.
- Serve hot with sweet churma.
- You can cook the baatis as deep fry them in hot ghee instead of cooking them in a tandoor.