DAL FRY RECIPE
Dal fry is a Punjabi curry dish, made up of with lentils and some Indian spices. A very tasty dish especially served with jeera rice.
Ingredients for DAL FRY:
- Lentils: 1 cup(150gram)
- Onion: 1 medium size chopped
- Tomato: 1 medium size chopped
- Dry red chili: 2
- Cinnamon: 1 inch
- Bay-leaf: 1
- Cloves: 3
- Asafetida: a pinch
- Ginger-garlic paste: 2 teaspoon
- Green chili: 2 small sizes chopped
- Red chili powder: 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
- Cumin-coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Ground spice powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying: 4 tablespoons
- Ghee: 2 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
How to make DAL FRY:
- First of all, wash the lentils and add them to a pressure cooker, add some salt and 3 cups of water, cook till 3 whistles on medium flame.
- After that heat up the 3 tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium flame, add cinnamon, cloves, bay leaf, a pinch of asafetida, green chili, and chopped onions.
- Saute them for few seconds and add chopped tomatoes, saute again well add salt to taste, turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin-coriander powder, and ginger garlic paste.
- Mix all together well and saute for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Add boiled lentils with boiled lentil stock and stir it.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes on low flame.
- Another side for tempering, heat the tempering pan and add 2 tablespoons of ghee and add dry red chili.
- Turn off the flame and add 1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder and pour over the dal fry.
- Serve the dal fry with jeera rice.