Falafel is the deep-fried chickpea pattice dish which is crispy, healthy and gluten-free and low-calorie recipe.
Ingredients for FALAFEL:
- Chickpeas: 2 cup
- Onion: 1 cup finely chopped
- Coriander leaves: 1 cup
- Garlic-ginger: 2 tablespoon grated
- Green chili: 2 teaspoons finely chopped
- Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Black pepper: roasted and coarsely crushed
- Sesame seeds: 2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
- Olive(or Regular) oil: 2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep fry
How to make FALAFEL:
- Furthermore, soak the chickpeas in little warm water for overnight, then boil them in a pressure cooker until 3-4 whistle on medium flame.
- Now, add boiled chickpeas into the grinding jar.
- Also, add finely chopped onions, coriander leaves, grated ginger-garlic, chopped green chili, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coarsely crushed black pepper, sesame seeds, lemon juice, olive oil and salt to taste.
- Before grind, give it a nice mix with the spatula then turn the lid off and grinding.
- Make sure that grinding mixture will little coarsely.
- No need to add water just grind altogether and make a thick paste that we can make pattice.
- Take a small portion of the mixture and roll it into a ball shape then press it little and give it a pattice shape.
- Same way make all pattice of the remaining mixture.
- Turn the flame on and heat up a frying pan on medium flame.
- Once the oil is hot enough, put the falafel pattice into the oil one by one.
- Keep frying on medium-low flame, fry until the falafel pattice color become nice golden and crispy.
- In conclusion, the falafel is ready.
- Serve hot with mayonnaise and tomato catchup.