FINGER POTATO | RAWA POTATO STICK RECIPE
Finger potato is very quick and easy fried snack to cook in just minutes, finger potato is also known as Rawa potato stick and can be served with tomato sauce, tea or coffee.
Ingredients for finger potato:
- Potatoes: 3-4 boiled
- Semolina: 250 gram
- Green chili: 3-4 chopped
- Coriander leaves: 1cup chopped
- Oregano powder: 1table spoon
- Roasted cumin powder: 2table spoon
- Salt to taste
- Water as per required
- Black pepper: 1 ½ tablespoon
- Black salt: 1 ½ tablespoon for a sprinkle
- Oil: 3-4 cup for deep fry
how to make finger potato:
- Take one cup of semolina in a pan and add in two cups of hot water and mix well, keep aside for set the semolina until thick texture for 5-6 minutes.
- In a pressure cooker, cook the potatoes for 10 minutes or till two whistles, do not cook so soft.
- Take the potatoes out from the pressure cooker and keep aside for cool and pill the potatoes and grate all the boiled potatoes well.
- In semolina bowl, add all the grated potatoes, chopped green chili, oregano powder, roasted cumin powder and salt as per requirement.
- Mix all the ingredients nicely and add 1 cup of chopped green coriander leaves and mix again well
- Make a soft dough well and keep aside.
- Now grease both the palm well and take a small portion of dough, bind the portion nicely and roll it between palm softly and make 5-6” long rolled stick.
- Do the same for all the remaining dough.
- Take a deep fry pan on medium flame and heat the oil, whenever oil is enough hot, add rolled potato stick one by one.
- Fry until it’s become golden brown and take the fried potato fingers out from the oil.
- Drain the oil in tissue kitchen paper.
- Sprinkle the black pepper powder and black salt on potato finger.
- Serve hot with catch up.