GARLIC NAAN | TANDOORI GARLIC NAAN RECIPE
Garlic naan is a soft leavened bread cooked on tawa with the right amount of garlicky flavor. to make naan more attractive and tasteful, small pieces of garlic, kalonji, and coriander is sprinkled over the naan.
Ingredients for GARLIC NAAN:
- All-purpose flour: 20o gram
- Garlic: 15 cloves grated
- Salt to taste
- Sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Curd: 1 cup (100gram)
- Baking soda: 1 teaspoon
- Baking powder: 1 teaspoon
- Oil: 2 tablespoon
- Warm water: 1/2 cup
- Onion seeds/ Kalonji: 1 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves: 1/2 cup chopped
How to make GARLIC NAAN:
- First of all, add sugar to the warm water and mix together well and keep it aside.
- Then after taking a large bowl, add all-purpose flour, salt, oil, and curd into the bowl and mix all together.
- Now make a space at the center of the flour bowl and add curd, baking powder, baking soda and sugar water that we made earlier.
- Mix it gently and kneading with sugar water little by little.
- knead the dough well and make semi-soft and forthy dough so when press with the finger it should spring back, it means the dough is almost ready.
- Keep the dough aside and cover with wet cloth for 2-3 hours for fermenting.
- After 2-3 hours, the dough is doubled up, knead the dough again with greased palms.
- Divide the dough into small portions, take the one portion of the dough and roll it in an oval shape with the help of dry flour.
- Rolling oval shape dough it should not too thin.
- Meanwhile, keep the iron tawa for heating on medium flame.
- Together with sprinkle the chopped-grated garlic, onion seeds/ Kalonji, and chopped coriander leaves, tap it gently and roll it again to set all.
- Flip it to the other side and apply some water all over the back side of naan.
- Gently take the rolled naan and place it on the hot iron tawa.
- Turn the heat medium-low and cook the naan for 1 minutes till the naan is puffed up, flip the tawa on direct flame and turn the heat on high flame.
- Keep slowly move the tawa all around the flame cook it from all the sides until the bubbles have become golden brown and the garlic naan is cook perfectly.
- As a result, the crispy and firm garlic naan is ready to serve, Take out the garlic naan into the plate from the tawa and apply a butter on top.
- Same way cook all the remaining garlic naan.
- Serve the garlic naan with any kind of north-Indian curry.