A new twist of pakora is the cauliflower/gobi pakora, very easy and tasty evening snack time recipe for all ages.
Ingredients for CAULIFLOWER PAKORA:
- Cauliflower: 1 big head
- Onion: 1 finely chopped
- Green chili: 2 finely chopped
- Ginger-Garlic paste: 2 tablespoons
- All-purpose flour: 2 tablespoons
- Corn flour: 1 tablespoon
- Gram flour: 2 tablespoons
- Baking soda: 1 teaspoon
- Red chili powder: 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves: 1/2 cup
- salt to taste
- A pinch of asafetida
- Oil for deep frying
- Water: 3 cup
How to make CAULIFLOWER PAKORA:
- First of all, take 1 head of cauliflower and remove all florets well and leave them with salted water for sometimes.
- Now, turn on the flame and heat up enough water and boil the florets for 3-5 minutes till they become little soft.
- Drain them out in another bowl, add finely chopped onion, green chili, ginger-garlic paste, all-purpose flour, corn flour, gram flour, red chili powder, turmeric powder, a pinch of asafetida, salt to taste and chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix all together gently, use little water if needed and mix it again.
- Coat the cauliflower well with spices and keep aside for 10 minutes to marinate.
- Heat up the frying pan with oil on medium flame.
- Whenever the oil is hot enough, turn the flame low to medium and put the coated cauliflower florets one by one.
- Fry until they become golden brown, drain out them on the kitchen towel.
- Serve hot with white sauce or catch up or tea/coffee anytime.