GULAB JAMUN RECIPE
Gulab jamun a very popular Indian dessert made up of khoya paneer and all-purpose flour, sweet tiny balls of gulab jamun stuffed with dry fruits are soaked in sugar syrup.
Ingredients for DOUGH:
- Khoya: 200 gram
- Paneer: 100gram
- All-purpose flour: 2.5 tablespoon
- Baking powder: 1/2 tablespoon
- Milk: 2 tablespoons (if needed)
- Ghee for frying
Ingredients for SYRUP:
- Sugar: 500 gram
- Cardamom powder: 2 tablespoon
- Water: 250 gram
Ingredients for STUFFING:
- Cashew: 10 finely chopped
- Almonds: 10 finely chopped
- Sugar: 1/2 tablespoon
- Pink food color: a pinch
How to make GULAB JAMUN:
- First of all, prepare the sugar syrup for jamun, take all the sugar into the vessel and add water and 1 tablespoon of cardamom powder into it.
- Turn on the flame on medium heat and cook the sugar syrup until the sugar dissolves into the water well and slightly sticky for 5-6 minutes.
- In addition, check out the sugar syrup with your thumb and finger, if it should light sticky it means the sugar syrup for gulab jamun is ready, so turn the flame off and keep the sugar syrup vessel aside.
- Another side takes all khoya and paneer mix together and crumbled well, add all-purpose flour and baking powder into the khoya mixture.
- Knead this mixture very well and gently, make a soft dough, if the dough is dry so you can add little milk to it.
- So, Time for stuffing preparation, in a small bowl, take all crushed dry fruits are chopped cashew and almonds.
- Mix it and add 1/2 tablespoon of sugar, 1tablespoon of cardamom powder, 1 tablespoon of khoya-paneer mixture and a pinch of pink food color, mix together well.
- Furthermore, heat up the ghee in a pan on the medium flame for 5 minutes and then turn the flame low and let it cool down a little, so the jamun will not burn.
- On one hand, take a very small portion of the dough and flatten it and put a little stuffing in it and roll it really well and softly.
- Make sure there should not be any creak on the balls, Make all the balls of remaining dough and stuffing.
- Drop one by one into the ghee pan for frying, fry with flipping the gulab jamuns so they become brown from all the sides.
- While the gulab jamuns become nice in golden, take it out from the ghee and drain it.
- Put the fried gulab jamuns directly into the little warm sugar syrup.
- Similarly, prepare all the gulab jamuns well.
- Finally, all the gulab jamuns are ready into syrup.
- After 2-3 hours all the gulab jamuns absorbs the sugar syrup well then serve.
- Garnish with chopped almonds and eat the juicy gulab jamun in dessert as well.