is a very popular snack from Kutch Gujarat in India, Basically, kutchi dabeli is a bun filled with potato masala and special dabeli masala having spicy and tangy taste and is served with several types of chutneys.
Ingredients for Kutchi dabeli:
- Red chili powder ( 1 tbsp )
- Coriander powder ( 1 tbsp )
- Cinnamon powder ( 1 tsp )
- Turmeric powder ( ½ tsp )
- Clove powder ( 1 tsp )
- Cumin seeds ( 1/2 tsp )
- 4 Boiled potatoes
- Chilly-garlic and coriander paste ( 1 tbsp )
- Lemon juice ( 1 tsp )
- Salt to taste
- 1 small onion
- Dates chutney ( 3 tbsp )
- Tamarind chutney ( 4-5 tbsp )
- 1 cup nylon sev
- 1 pomegranate
- 2 chopped coriander leaves
- 1 cup roasted peanuts
- 5-7 bun
- Butter or oil
How to prepare Kutchi dabeli:
- First of all, we have to make green chutney so, take 2 green chili, coriander leaves,1/2 inch garlic, ½ lime water and salt to taste, grind well and make a smooth paste.
- Now, take 4 boiled potatoes and mash them with help of a masher.
- Now add red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, cinnamon powder, clove powder, lemon juice, chili-garlic paste and salt to taste, mix this well till it becomes smooth.
- Then add small chopped onion and chopped coriander leaves and mix it again and keep this potato stuffing aside.
- Now take a bun and cut it on two sides but keeping them joined at the remaining ends.
- Apply green chutney and pinch of dates chutney both side of the inner bun.
- Stuff with 2 tbsp of stuffing and on top of stuffing sprinkle chopped onion, masala roasted peanuts, nylon sev and pomegranate seeds.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make all the dabeli.
- Now, heat the non-stick pan and apply some butter on it and shallow fry the dabeli.
- You can garnish the Kutchi dabeli with nylon sev, onion, coriander leaves and pomegranate.
- Serve it immediately with dates and tamarind chutney or catch-up.