LACHHA PARATHA | LAYERED PARATHA
Lachha Paratha is a multi-layered Indian wheat bread. Lacchadar paratha is a famous north Indian bread which consists multiple layers in it.
Ingredients for LACHHA PARATHA:
- Wheat flour: 3 cup
- All-purpose flour: 2 cup
- Oil: 4tablespoon
- Sugar powder: 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Water as required
- Butter: 8 tablespoon
How to prepare dough for the LACHHA PARATHA:
- First of all, combine all the flour in a deep bowl and add 3 tablespoons of oil, salt to taste, and sugar powder.
- Mix all this well and add water little by little as per requirements and kneading well.
- Knead the dough till it’s same like chapatti dough.
- Cover the dough with the wet cloth for 15 minutes.
- therefore the dough becomes soft.
- After that knead again with grease your palms and divide the dough into 4 separate parts for paratha.
How to prepare LACHHA PARATHA:
- Take 1 portion of the dough and dust it in a dry wheat flour and roll it very thinly on a rolling board with rolling pin.
- There is no need to round shape, just roll into a very thin sheet.
- Cut the rolled sheet in thin stripe with the help of pizza cutter or sharp knife.
- Apply some butter over the thin stripes, sprinkle some flour on top of the butter.
- Collect all the stripes, stretch gently and roll it into a spiral from the edges to the end.
- Join the end of the edges very tightly.
- Again the dough ball dust in dry flour and roll it into the round shape and roll not too thin.
- Heat up the tawa on medium flame and grease with some butter.
- put the rolled lachha paratha on hot tawa.
- Cook partially and flip the paratha, apply the butter on another side.
- Keep flipping the paratha and cook until becoming brown spots and evenly cooked.
- Alternatively, spread more butter on the lachha paratha.
- As a result, is you can see the layers of paratha are coming.
- Prepare all the lachha parathas in the same way.
- Serve this awesome lachha paratha hot with curry or curd.