LUCKNOWI CHAAT RECIPE |BOWL CHAT | BASKET CHAAT
A very crispy and spicy bowl chaat or basket chat is made with fried basket or bowl, usually stuffed with the various type of vegetables and spices to make it a very tasty snack time recipe. In some regions of India, bowl chaat is also famous with the name of lucknowi chaat.
Ingredients for bowl chaat:
- Onion: 1 medium size finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 medium size finely chopped
- White Flour: 1 cup(250 gram)
- Oil for deep fry
- Carom seeds powder: 1tea spoon
- Cumin powder: 3 tablespoon
- Sweet corn: ½ cup boiled
- Chickpeas: 1 cup boiled
- Potato: ½ cup boiled and chopped
- Yogurt: 1cup
- Red chili powder: 1tea spoon
- Black pepper: 1 tablespoon
- Chaat seasoning: 2 tablespoon
- Black salt: 1table spoon
- Tamarind chutney: 1 cup
- Coriander chutney: 1 cup
- Pomegranate seeds: 1 cup
- Sev: 1 cup
- Salt to taste
How to make bowl chaat:
- First of all, In a deep bowl, add a cup of white flour (all-purpose flour), salt as per required, ½ tablespoon cumin powder, carom seeds powder and 3 tablespoon oil,
- Basically, mix all the ingredients well and knead with water as per requirement and make a soft dough, so it should neither be too soft or tight,
- Take the bowl aside for 15-20 min to set and smoother,
- After that knead again with greased palm, divide into equal portions, and roll it on rolling pad and roll to flatten, it should not too thin,
- Consequently, the dough to make a bowl is ready, Make 5 sheets of the dough, prick the flatten sheet with the fork nicely, so it doesn’t puff up when in deep frying,
- Equally, place this sheet on small and greased bowl, wrap the bowl well and fix the sheet properly by fingers, Try to give it a bowl shape,
- Heat the oil in a deep pan on medium-high flame, now place the wrapped bowl in the oil, and will wait for the bowl to come up itself on medium flame,
- When the bowl is a move on to remove the bowl properly and carefully, pour the oil into the sheet bowl, fry until it turns golden and crispy,
- Drain out all the oil properly over kitchen paper and keep aside,
- Meanwhile, time to Prepare chaat by assembling fried bowl on a plate,
- Put 1 tablespoon boiled chickpeas, boiled and cubed potatoes, tamarind chutney, chopped onions, tomatoes,
- Most important, sprinkle some black pepper, salt, and cumin powder, then add 1 tablespoon green chutney, chopped green chili, sweet corn and 1tablespoon yogurt,
- Most of all the bowl chat is ready but Again sprinkle some red chili powder and black pepper so it makes super spicy,
- In similar fashion, garnish with sev and pomegranate seeds, chopped coriander leaves and chaat seasoning.
- finally, the crispy and spicy bowl chaat is ready, Serve the crunchy bowl chaat immediately.
- In addition, you can also use more stuffing like cucumber, sprouts, and cheese for stuffing.
- Besides, can give a shape like a small basket or a cupcake.