MEXICAN RICE RECIPE
Ingredients for MEXICAN RICE:
- Basmati rice: 1 cup
- Olive oil: 2 tablespoon
- Onion: 1 finely chopped
- Garlic: 1 teaspoon grated
- Carrot: 1 finely chopped
- Corn: 2 tablespoon
- Peas: 1 tablespoon
- Tomato: 2 finely chopped
- Capsicum: 3 tablespoon
- Black pepper powder: 1 teaspoon
- Green chili: 1 medium size
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice: 2 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon finely chopped
- Vegetable stock: 2 cup
How to make MEXICAN RICE:
- Firstly, wash a basmati rice and soak into a water for at least 30 minutes.
- After the rice soaked well, drain the water very well and keep the rice aside.
- Another side heats up a pressure cooker on medium flame, add olive oil and soaked basmati rice.
- Roast them together well till the rice fragrance coming.
- Add finely chopped onion, carrots, corn, peas, capsicum, tomatoes, black pepper powder, grated garlic and salt to taste.
- Mix all together nicely and lastly add lemon juice and mix again gently.
- Lastly, add 2 cups of vegetable stock and 2 pieces of green chili in it and turn on the pressure cooker lid.
- Cook it for 15 minutes on medium flame and then turn off the flame and cook the rice over steam for 5 more minutes.
- Then add chopped coriander leaves and removes green chili pieces, mix the rice gently.
- In conclusion, the Mexican rice is ready.