NYLON DHOKLA | KHAMAN RECIPE
The juicy and spongy Khaman/nylon dhokla is an amazing variety of appetizer from Gujarat, in Indian cuisine that tempered with mustard seeds, green chili, and sugar water.
Ingredients for NYLON DHOKLA | KHAMAN:
- Bengal gram flour: 300gram
- Sugar: 3 tablespoon
- Salt: 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
- Lemon seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Oil: 1 tablespoon
- Ginger-chili paste: 3 tablespoon
- Baking soda: 1 teaspoon
- Water: 300 gram
Ingredients for tempering:
- Oil: 3 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds: 1 tablespoon
- Asafoetida: 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves: 8-10
- Green chili: 3 chopped
- Sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Water: 1 cup(200 ml)
- Salt to taste
How to prepare NYLON DHOKLA | KHAMAN:
- First of all, strain all of the gram flour in a bowl, straining is very important in it so carefully strain the gram flour.
- Add sugar, salt turmeric powder, lemon seeds, and ginger-chili paste mix all these with little by little water and make a nice smooth batter and set it aside for 10 minutes.
- As well as grease the dhokla tin or another plate well and keep aside.
- Heat the dhokla steamer stand or a deep pan with water on the medium flame.
- After the batter is fermented add oil and baking soda, whisk again this batter in only one direction well.
- Transfer immediately the fermented batter to the greased plate, tap the plate.
- Place the batter plate or tin inside the pan or steamer.
- Cover the pan or steamer with the lid and turn the flame low.
- Steam it for 15-17 minutes no need to open the lid in between.
- Together with start the process of tempering.
- For tempering, heat up the oil in a pan on medium flame and add mustard seeds, whenever the seeds are crackling, add asafoetida, curry leaves, chopped green chili.
- Altogether, turn the flame low, add sugar and salt into the 1 cup of water and add this water to the tempering pan and turn of the flame.
- Take out the fluffy dhokla from the tin and cut it into square pieces.
- pour the tempered water on top of the pieces of khaman dhokla.
- Consequently, the nylon dhokla is ready to serve.
- Garnish with some chopped coriander leaves and pomegranate seeds.