OATS KHICHDI RECIPE
- Oats:1 cup
- Oil: 2 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds: 1teaspoon
- Green chili: 1 finely chopped
- Onion: 1 finely chopped
- Tomato: 1 finely chopped
- Carrot: 1 medium size finely chopped
- French beans: 1/2 cup chopped
- Coriander leaves: 1/2 cup
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice: 1 tablespoon
- Water as required
How to prepare:
- Firstly, heat up a pressure cooker on medium heat and add oil to it.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add cumin seeds, chopped green chili, and onions.
- Saute them a very nice till onions become little brown, then add chopped carrots, french beans, and tomatoes.
- Mix all together well and add turmeric powder, red chili powder, and salt to taste.
- Give it a nice mix and add lemon juice, dry oats, and water as required.
- Turn on the lid of a pressure cooker and turn the flame low.
- After 3 whistles turn off the flame and off the lid of pressure cooker.
- Mix again with serving spoon and serve hot.
- Finally, the oats khichdi is ready.
- Serve it with pickle or curd.