a very famous Sindhi dish also known as Sindhi koki in Gujarat India, onion cookie is usually made up of onion and wheat flour.
Ingredients for onion cookie:
- Wheat flour: 2 cup
- Oil: 3tablespoon
- Salt: 1teaspoon
- Carom seeds: ½ teaspoon
- Black pepper powder: 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: ½ teaspoon
- Red chili powder: 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder: 1 tablespoon
- Ground spices powder: ½ tablespoon
- Cumin seeds: 2 tablespoon
- Mango powder: 1 teaspoon
- Dry fenugreek: 1 teaspoon
- Green chili: 2tablespoon chopped
- Onion: 5tablespoon
- Coriander leaves: 3 tablespoon
- Water as required
- Oil for shallow fry
How to prepare onion cookie:
- In a bowl take 2 cup of wheat flour, salt, carom seeds, black pepper powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, ground spice powder, mango powder, cumin seeds, dry fenugreek, chopped green chili, chopped onion, coriander leaves and 3 tablespoon oil,
- Mix all the ingredients well, add little water and take this bowl aside for release the juices of onion for 10-15 minutes,
- After 15 minutes, mix again and add little water and knead the stiffed dough, do not knead more,
- Grease the palm and take a small portion of the dough and divide the dough in same parts, make a ball
- Do not rest the dough, immediately roll the dough on rolling board with the help of dry flour, roll the dough in thick,
- Heat the tawa on medium flame and add 1 tablespoon oil on heated tawa , place the rolled cookie on tawa and cook this cookie for 15 seconeds both the sides,
- Make sure that doesn’t get more brown,
- Half cooked dough is ready, then take out off this cookie from tawa and take in to the palm and mash and make a ball and roll it again,
- Roll with dry flour and make a thick cookie,
- Place the cookie on medium heated tawa , after 1 minute, prick the cookie with fork so that cookie cook inside also and cook both the side,
- Now, spread oil both the sides, cook till golden brown spots.
- So, the onion cookie is ready to serve.
- Serve with curd, pickle or tomato catch up.