is a very popular north Indian veg sabji. Palak Paneer consist of palak gravy and soft paneer cubes seasoned with different Indian spices. this dish is also known as Punjabi Palak Paneer.
ingredients for palak paneer:
- spinach: 1kg
- paneer: 250 gram
- tomatoes: 3 medium sized finely chopped
- onions: 2 medium sized chopped
- cumin seeds: 1/2 tablespoon
- dry fenugreek: 1 tablespoon
- fresh cream: 2 tablespoon
- ginger-garlic paste: 2tablespoon
- garlic: 5 cloves
- green chili: 2 chopped
- oil: 3 tablespoon
- sugar: 1 tablespoon
- red chili powder: 2 tablespoon
- turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
- cumin-coriander powder: 2 tablespoon
- bay leaf: 1
- cinnamon: 1/2 inch
- clove: 2
- nutmeg: a pinch grated
- black cardamom: 2
- curd: 2 tablespoon
- salt to taste
- water as per required
how to prepare palak paneer:
- boil the 4-5 cup of water in a deep vessel for 3 minutes while it’s boiling, add all the washed spinach and add 1/2 tablespoon salt and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- don’t cover the spinach just boil the spinach for 5 minutes.
- after that take this boiled spinach out and rains with chilled water and let them cool aside.
- take all the spinach in grinding jar and grind them well, make a smooth paste.
- in a pan, heat the oil and add cumin seeds, bay leaf, cinnamon, cloves, black cardamom, chopped garlic, chopped green chili, chopped onions, ginger-garlic paste and a pinch of salt.
- stir it nicely till the onion becomes light ink, add chopped tomatoes and stir again on medium flame.
- add turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin-coriander powder and grated nutmeg a pinch.
- mix it well, cook for 2 minutes and add dry fenugreek powder, stirring continuously and make a thick paste.
- when you see fine droplets of oil forming on top, keep flame slow down and add 2 tablespoons of curd, mix well.
- add cubed paneer and mix it gently, cooks for 3 minutes till all the cubes observe the gravy.
- turn off the flame and add 2 tablespoons of fresh cream that looks a little bit richer, mix again well.
- garnish the palak paneer with fresh cream gently.
- serve hot with paratha or butter roti.