A favorable bold spicy Calabrian Chili & Brussels Sprouts Pasta dish made with roasted brussels sprouts, and Calabrian chili peppers that comes together in less than 30 minutes.
Farfel Pasta: 1/2 box ( from 16oz box)
Roasted Brussel sprouts (see recipe below)
Crushed Calabrian Chili Pepper Paste: 3 tbsp
Onions: 2, minced
Tomato paste: 1 tbsp
Garlic: 1 tbsp minced
Grated parmesan cheese: 3 tbsp
Basil: 2 tbsp chopped
Cream & Milk Mixture: 1 Cup
Salt (to taste)
Pepper: 1 tsp (or to taste)
Olive oil: 1 tbsp
Roast Brussels Sprout:
brussels sprouts: 250 Gram
Salt & Pepper as per taste
olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Slice the brussels sprout half in lengthwise, add Olive oil, salt & pepper during a bowl.
- Pre-heat the oven to 425f.
- Spread brussels sprouts evenly into the baking pan and roast it for 10-15 min within the preheated oven.
– Prepare the Brussels sprout as per the instructions above.
– Boil the water in a deep pan and add salt and macaroni.
– Cook the macaroni till it’s firm when bitten, – Strain the macaroni and drain with cool water to make it non-sticky, keep aside.
– Heat a large Pan over medium-high heat and add olive oil, shallots, garlic, salt & pepper and continue to stir for about 1-2 minutes.
– Add tomato paste and cook for another 2 minutes. Now add in Calabrian Chili Paste and chopped basil. Statue for a minute.
– Add the half & half, pasta water, and cheese to the pan and bring to a simmer, and then turn the heat to low. Let it simmer for 2 minutes.
– Add in cooked pasta and roasted brussels sprouts, continue to cook until pasta is covered in a cream sauce. Add more half & half if you like creamier pasta.
– Garnish with chopped fresh basil and serve immediately.