RAGDA PATTIES RECIPE
Ragda Patties is one of the most famous spicy and tasty street food from Gujarat and Maharashtra usually made with potato patties and peas curry called Ragda.
Ingredients for Ragda:
- Dried peas: 1 cup
- Onion: 1 cup chopped
- Tomato: 1 cup chopped
- Green chili: 1 teaspoon finely chopped
- Ginger-garlic paste: 1 teaspoon
- Oil: 3 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds: 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida: a pinch
- Red chili powder: 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder: 1 teaspoon
- Cumin-coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Sugar: 1 tablespoon
- Ground spice powder: 1 teaspoon
- Lemon juice: 3 tablespoon
- Water as required
- Coriander leaves: 1 cup finely chopped
Ingredients for patties:
- Potato: 4 medium sized boiled
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder: 1 teaspoon
- Salt to taste
- Ginger-chili paste: 1/4 teaspoon
- Fruit spice powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Corn flour: 1 tablespoon
- Bread: 2 slice
- Oil: 6 tablespoon
Ingredients for Toppings:
- Onion: 1/2 cup chopped
- Tomatoes: 1/2 cup chopped
- Nylon sev: 1 cup
- Fruit spice powder: 1 tablespoon
- Black salt: 1 teaspoon
- Cumin powder: 1 teaspoon
How to prepare Ragda:
- Firstly, wast the dried peas and soak overnight in warm water.
- After that boil them in the pressure cooker with 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder and salt to taste, pressure cook till becoming 5-6 whistles.
- Heat up the oil in a pan, add cumin seeds, asafoetida, chopped green chili, ginger-garlic paste, and chopped onion in it and saute for a minute till onion becomes golden.
- Then add chopped tomatoes, boiled peas, turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin- coriander powder, sugar, and stock of the boiled peas as needed.
- Keep it a little mash and boil them, therefore, it becomes slite thick and adds lemon juice, ground spice powder, and fresh chopped coriander leaves, mix together well and on high flame and keep boiling them.
- In conclusion, the Ragda is ready, keep the pan it aside.
How to make Patties:
- Furthermore, take the bowl and grate the boiled potato, turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt to taste, ginger-chili paste, and fruit spice powder.
- Mix all together well and take the bread slice deep it in a water for few seconds and drain them gently and add into the potato mixture, also add corn flour and mix all well.
- As well as, give it a small tiki shape(round shape) with Greece palms, keep do the same for all of the potato mixtures.
- Heat the oil in a pan on medium flame and place the Patties in it and shallow fry them on both sides nicely golden and little crispy.
- In the same way, fry all the Patties well and keep them out on a plate.
- As a result, all Patties are also ready.
How to prepare toppings for Ragda patties:
- At the same time, in a serving bowl, take 2-3 Patties and pour the good amount of warm Ragda on it.
- Also, spread some green chutney as much spicy as you like and tamarind chutney too.
- Whereas, dress up with some chopped onion and some chopped tomatoes on chutneys.
- In addition, sprinkle some fruit spice powder, black salt, cumin powder and nylon sev as like your taste.
- Especially serve hot with sprinkle some chopped coriander leaves.
- Finally, the RAGDA PATTIES is ready to eat.