FINGER MILLET IDLI | RAGI/NACHNI IDLI RECIPE
A very healthy and nutritious food in south Indian cuisine, there are various healthy dishes made with ragi flour and ragi idli is one the popular breakfast among them.
Ingredients for RAGI IDLI:
- Finger millet(Ragi) flour: 1 cup
- Semolina: 1 cup
- Split black gram: 1 cup soaked
- Fenugreek seeds: 1 tablespoon soaked
- Water: 0.5 cup
- Curd: 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Green chili: 2 finely chopped
- Baking soda: 1 teaspoon
Preparing RAGI IDLI:
- First of all, take all soaked split black gram and fenugreek seeds in grinding jar.
- Without any dought, grind them very nice and make a smooth fluffy paste with little water.
- Transfer these paste in a bowl, add finger millet flour and semolina, mix all well.
- Together with, add curd, salt, and water if needed for batter consistency.
- Mix all together nice till break the lumps if any, keep the bowl aside let it ferment for 45 minutes.
- When the batter will double up, mix again well and add finely chopped green chili and baking soda, continuously mix together in one direction for a minute.
- Now, grease the idli mold with oil and pour the molds with batter.
- Take the idli cooker and add 2 cups of water to it and boil for 2-3 minutes, place the idli mold into the idli cooker and cover with the lid.
- Steam the ragi idli for 10-12 minutes.
- Check the ragi idli with the knife or toothpick, it should come out clean or non-sticky, so the ragi idli is ready.
- Same way prepares all the ragi idli with remaining batter.
- Serve the ragi idli hot with coconut chutney or sambhar.