Rice Kheer Recipe | Indian kheer Recipe | Kheer Recipe
Rice Kheer is a sweet dish form Indian cuisine basically made with rice, milk, and sugar.
Ingredients for kheer:
- Milk: 1ltr
- Rice: 1cup
- Butter: 2 tablespoon
- Sugar: ¾ cup
- Saffron: a pinch
- Nutmeg powder: 1teaspoon
- Cashew and almonds: ½ cup finely chopped
- Raisins: 8-10
- Cuddapah almond: 1 tablespoon
- Cardamom powder: 1 tablespoon
How to make rice kheer:
- Turn on the flame and heat the butter in a pan, on medium flame, add chopped cashew and almonds, roast them till they turn golden brown,
- Drain the butter from them and take out the roasted cashew and almonds in another plate,
- Now in the same pan, add rice and sauté for few seconds and add milk, stirring continuously till the milk is being thick and rice have been soft,
- Add sugar and mix it nicely, stirring continuously and add saffron, nutmeg powder, roasted cashew and almonds, raisins, cuddapah almonds and cardamom powder,
- Mix all gently and cook the kheer for 5 minutes on low flame with cover the lid,
- Serve it in a serving bowl and garnish with the roasted almonds and cashew or rose leaves or as you like.
- Serve hot or after cool down.