SABUDANA VADA | SAGO CUTLET RECIPE
Sabudana / sago vada is the deep fried traditional fast recipe in India, usually made up of sago pearls, potatoes, and green chilies.
Ingredients for SABUDANA VADA:
- Sago(sabudana): 200 gram
- Potato: 3-4 boiled
- Green chili: 3 finely chopped
- Ginger: 1 inch grated
- Fennel seeds: 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Roasted cumin powder: 1 teaspoon
- Peanuts: 150 gram (crushed)
- Lemon: 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep fry
How to make SABUDANA VADA:
- firstly, wash the sago (sabudana) and soak it into the water for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Now in a bowl, add soaked sabudana, boiled potatoes, finely chopped green chili, coarsely crushed peanuts, grated ginger, fennel seeds, and roasted cumin powder.
- Mash them all together well, add lemon juice and salt to taste, mix again together.
- Sabudana vada mixture is ready, now grease the palms with oil.
- Take 2 teaspoons of vada mixture in greased palms and roll it into a small ball then press a bit and make it flatten.
- Give it a Tikki shape, same way make the Tikkies of remaining vada mixture.
- Another side, heat the oil on high flame, once the oil is hot enough turn the flame medium.
- Finally, deep fry them all 2 by 2, till they become golden.
- In conclusion, the sabudana vada or a sago cutlet is ready.
- Serve hot with green chutney or yogurt or a hot tea.