TAMARIND CHUTNEY | SWEET CHUTNEY
Tamarind chutney is a sweet and sour chutney recipe that contains tamarind, dates, and jaggery. usually served as toppings like the sauce of snacks with samosa, pakora, chaats, etc.,
Ingredients for tamarind chutney
- Tamarind: 1 cup seedless
- Dates: 1 cup seedless
- Jaggery: 1 cup
- Water: 5 cup
- Dry ginger powder: ½ tablespoon
- Cumin powder: 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder: 1 tablespoon
- Red chili powder: ½ tablespoon
- Fennel powder: ½ tablespoon
- Salt to taste
How to make tamarind chutney:
- Heat the pan and add seedless tamarind and dates, jaggery and 5 cups of water, cover with the lid and cook till this mixture pulpy for 8-10 minutes
- Stir and add dry ginger powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, red chili powder, fennel powder and salt to taste,
- Mix all the ingredients and stirring nicely for 3 minutes till the mixture thick,
- When the mixture cook, strain the mixture into a deep bowl with help of spoon and strain well, keep the bowl aside, let them cool,
- When the mixture is cool, directly use this chutney with chat or snacks, or can store in air-tight container and serve later whenever it is required.
- If jaggery is not available then you can add sugar.
- You can have the consistency, thin or thick as per your requirements.