UPVAS | FAST | FARALI PATTICE RECIPE
Farali pattice is a very popular Gujarati recipe, specially made for those who are fasting, filled with mashed potato mixture and it’s very easy, crispy and testy in fasting time.
Ingredients for farali pattice stuffing:
- Potato: 2 medium sizes boiled
- Ground peanuts: 1/2 cup crushed
- Desiccated coconut: 1tablespoon
- green chili: 1 tablespoon chopped
- ginger: 1/2 tablespoon grated
- salt to taste
- coriander leaves: 1 tablespoon
- fennel seeds: roasted and crushed
- sugar powder: 1 tablespoon
- lemon juice: 1tablespoon
Ingredients for farali pattice coating:
- arrowroot powder: 3 tablespoon
- potato: 3 medium sizes boiled and mashed
- oil: 2 tablespoon
- salt to taste
- oil for deep frying
prepare farali pattice stuffing:
- In a bowl, take boiled potatoes and mash them well, add ground peanuts crushed to powder, desiccated coconut powder, chopped green chili, grated ginger, crushed fennel seeds, powder sugar, chopped coriander leaves, lemon juice and salt to taste.
- Mix these all nicely and make a smooth mixture, keep this mixture aside.
prepare farali pattice coating:
- In another bowl, take boiled and mashed potatoes, arrowroot powder for binding, oil and salt to taste, mix this well and also make a smooth dough.
- Either grease the palms or dust with arrowroot powder and take a small portion of the mixture, tap it and make flatten, place the stuffing into the flattened dough.
- Stuff it nicely and make a ball, make balls of all the remaining stuffing and coating dough.
- The farali pattice balls are ready to deep fry.
- Heat the oil on medium flame, deep fry the farali pattice balls one by one until they turn golden brown.
- Take them out on a kitchen towel for drain the extra oil.
- in conclusion, the farali pattice is ready to serve, serve it on a serving plate and serve with sweet yogurt.