UTTAPAM SANDWICH RECIPE
Layers of uttapam and stuffed with very finely chopped veggies, the best combination of south Indian and world’s famous sandwich dish.
- Dosa batter: 500gram
- Onion: 2 finely chopped
- Tomato:2 finely chopped
- Capsicum: 1 finely chopped
- Green chili: 2 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves: 1 cup finely chopped
- Garlic chutney: 2 tablespoon
- Green chutney: 2 tablespoon
- Butter: 5-6 tablespoon
- Red chili powder: 1 tablespoon
- Ground spice powder: 1 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Dry mango powder: 1 tablespoon
How to make:
- Firstly, heat up a heavy coated tawa on high heat, sprinkle some water on top and turn the flame low, wipe the tawa well.
- Then, spread 1 cup of dosa batter on tawa and spread it in thick circular manner and turn the flame low to medium.
- On top of the batter, side spread 1 teaspoon of garlic chutney, 1tablespoon of green chutney, 1 tablespoon of finely chopped coriander leaves, and some green chili.
- Mix all together with a pan scraper and spread it all around on uttapam.
- Now, spread all finely veggies on top like tomato, onions, and capsicum.
- Sprinkle some red chili powder, ground spice powder, a little bit of dry mango powder, 1 teaspoon garlic chutney, and salt to taste.
- Cover the uttapam with the lid and cook it on low flame for 2-3 minutes.
- After that turn off a lid and spread 1 cup of dosa batter on top of uttapam toppings.
- Make sure the batter covers all of the toppings, spread more batter if needed.
- Flip the uttapam carefully, leave as it is and cook that side for 5 minutes.
- Additionally, add butter on top and edges of the uttapam.
- Once the uttapam edges leave the tawa, flip it over and spread more butter on both sides.
- In conclusion, the uttapam sandwich is ready.
- Same way make all uttapam sandwich of remaining batter.
- Serve it hot with green chutney or tomato catchup.