veg uttapam is a bachelor friendly dish with a type of vegetables and spices that made up with semolina, Veg uttapam looks like a thick fried pancake.
Ingredients for veg uttapam:
- Semolina: 250 gram
- Yogurt: ½ cup
- Water: 200ml
- Lemon: 2tbsp juice
- Cooking soda: a pinch
- Oil: 3-4 tablespoon
- Onion: 1 medium size finely chopped
- Tomato: 1medium size finely chopped
- Green Capsicum: 1 small size finely chopped
- Salt to taste
How to make veg uttapam:
- First in a bowl take all the semolina, curd and ¾ cup of water, mix nicely and keep aside for 15minutes to set the batter.
- Now chop all the veggies finely in separate plate/ bowl and keep aside.
- After 15 minutes semolina batter has become thick.
- Add cooking soda, lemon juice and ½ cup of water or as required, mix well and make a smooth consistency.
- The batter is now ready to cook.
- Take a heavy coated pan and spread the oil evenly over the pan on low flame.
- Pour the batter into greased tawa and spread it in a circular motion.
- When a base is cooked, Spread chopped veggies on it.
- Press gently the veggies with a spatula, so that they stick to the batter.
- Spread some oil on the sides.
- When a base is cooked, flip the uttapam gently.
- Cook until the veggies become golden brown.
- Flip and cook both sides twice.
- Now, veg uttapam is ready, serve it hot with coconut chutney or catch up.