Vegetable Upma is one of the Indian subcontinental dish from south-Indian breakfast, Vegetable Upma is cooked as a dry roasted semolina ( also known as Rawa ) and veggies using common ingredients.
- Semolina (Rawa): 1 ½ cup
- Water: 5 cup
- Green chili: 1 chopped
- Carrot: 1 finely chopped
- Fresh peas: 100 gram
- Coriander leaves: 3-4 chopped
- Green beans: 4-5 chopped
- Onion: 1 finely chopped
- Mustard: 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves: 8 laves
- Oil: 1table spoon
- Salt to taste
- Sugar: ½ tablespoon
- Lemon: 1 tablespoon
How to make vegetable upma:
- Chop all the veggies finely and rains with cool water that makes veggies fresh.
- Take a pan and add 3 cups of water to boil the veggies.
- Boil the water on medium flame and add chopped carrots, fresh peas and green beans for 10 minutes, keep aside.
- Took another pan and heat the oil, whenever oil is heated add mustard seeds when its crackles gently.
- Then add curry leaves and sauté gently, add chopped onions and simmer it for 5 minutes till it becomes soft.
- Add semolina 1 ½ cup and sauté till its turn to light pink color.
- Add chopped green chili and stirring well.
- Now finally add boiled vegetables with boiled water, and salt as per taste.
- With stirring add lime water, sugar and coriander leaves, cook till the texture become thick.
- Semolina soaks all the water and upma looks colorful and thick.
- Serve the veggie upma hot.
- Serve with coconut chutney or curd also.